is the main temple of the Jôdô-shinshû
Hongan-ji sect. It was founded in 1272 and moved to its present
site in 1591 by Toyotomi Hideyoshi. It
features five buildings designated as national treasures besides a
large number of beautiful works of art and is famous for its many
examples of the showy and gorgeous artistic syle of the Momoyama period.